Hello, let’s talk about Almond Privacy.
This is where you can find out how Almond collects, stores, protects and shares data about you (“Policy”). It’s best read alongside our Almond Terms and Conditions, which you can find here.
When you’re using our Almond mobile application ("App"), there is some information we collect about you, and you can share your information on the App with other users ("Users").
1. Collection of information
Access to Almond is granted through Auth0 and your mobile phone number. We will collect information about you from you (“Registration Information”) including:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
2. Uses made of the information
We may use information about you, or technical information relating to your mobile device to:
- offer you our services and features;
- contact you with information about the App subject to the “Marketing” section below;
- respond to any queries you raise when you contact us directly;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- carry out internal operations such as troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research or for statistical purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
3. Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information, except in the limited circumstances described here:
- Your Consent
- Service Providers — We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us. We may share your
- Registration Information with these third parties, but only for the purposes of performing these functions and providing such services.
- Law and Harm — We will cooperate with law enforcement enquiries received from within or outside your country of residence. This may include preserving or disclosing any of your information, including your Registration Information, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal request, to protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect our rights or property or those of third parties. In such cases we may raise or waive any legal obligation or right available to us.
- Business Transfers — In the event that Almond or any of our affiliates are involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganisation or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction.
- Other Information — We may share or disclose aggregated or otherwise anonymised information with third parties for industry analysis and demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising.
4. Where we store your personal data
5. Marketing and push notifications
We may contact you using your email address which you can opt out of at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
Upon downloading the App you will be asked to accept or deny push notifications/alerts. If you deny, you will not receive any push notifications/alerts. If you accept, push notifications/alerts will automatically be sent to you. If you no longer wish to receive push notifications/alerts from the App, you may opt out by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
- Geolocation Information — Upon downloading the App, you will be asked to turn on location services. If you turn these features on, we may collect your device's geolocation data and save your device's coordinates to offer certain features to you. We may also use your device's geolocation information to personalise the App and make it easier for you to interact with other Users close by. You can control your location information settings in your Account settings and switch them off if you want to. Even if you have disabled location services, we may still determine your city, state, and country location based on your IP address (but not your exact location).
- Log and Usage Data — Our servers automatically record information ("Log and Usage Data") created by your use of Almond, which again helps us to improve our service. Log and Usage Data may include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, access times, your mobile carrier, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with Almond and advertisements, may also be included in Log and Usage Data.
- Device Information — We may collect information about your device when you use the App including the unique device identifier, device model, operating system, and MAC address. In addition, if you permit us to do so, the App may access your device's address book and contact lists in order to offer you certain features of our Services.
6. WHAT OTHERS SEE ABOUT YOU
7. Our Policy Towards Age
You have to be at least 13 years old to use the App. We don’t market to anyone under the age of 13 either. If we discover you’re under 13, we will delete your account, sorry we’re looking forward to welcoming you soon!
8. Removing Almond access
If you want to delete Almond at any time (and we hope you don’t!) you can do this by visiting the application settings.
Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your Account, copies of that information may still be viewable and/or accessed to the extent such information has been previously shared with others, or copied or stored by other Users or to the extent such information has been shared with search engines. We cannot control this, nor do we accept any liability for this. If you have given third party applications or websites access to your personal information they may retain such information to the extent permitted under their terms of service or privacy policies.
Removed and deleted information may persist in backup copies for up to 30 days to enable restoration, but will not be available to others in the meantime.
9. Access to information
You may request, at any time, Almond to provide you with information about the data it stores on you. In order to file a request, please contact email@example.com. We will process that request in line with any applicable local laws and our policies and procedures in place for dealing with such requests.
We may revise this Policy from time to time. If we make a change to this Policy that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you, for example, via an email. By continuing to access the App after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.
We collect information by placing cookies on your mobile. A cookie is a piece of text stored on your computer or mobile by your web browser. They are basically a tool that stores information about website visits, recognises you and your preferences, ensures site functionality and enables us to provide the services you request.
Analytics and research
These cookies help us to identify visitors so that when you’re logged in, you can enjoy Almond’s offerings and localise your experience, such as when you’ve requested to view Almond’s site in your local language or when you’ve asked Almond to ‘remember me’.
Security and site integrity
We may use persistent cookies, which will help us to ensure we have identified the same device is logging into the correct account. These types of cookies also help with our anti-spam measures and may help us to prevent phishers, scammers and other unauthorised activity.
Site features and services
These cookies and local storage devices provide functionalities such as links to other social media sites and social plugins.
In some cases, the site feature you choose may allow a third party to place cookies or local storage devices on your computer. The third party who places cookies on your device is responsible for how they process their data and Almond recommends that you read their privacy policies. Third parties who place cookies on your device when you use Almond include the following, and we have included a link to their privacy policies:
We need to use certain cookies and local storage devices to ensure our visitors have the best possible experience. These may, for example, assist with your navigation of our site, ensure pages load up quickly and respond faster to your requests for the site’s services.
If you would like to know more about cookies, including flash cookies/local storage devices, the following websites provide useful information:
For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORISED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
Almond App Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom under company number 06331798. Our registered address is Wey Court West, Union Road, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7PT.
It’s good to talk, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org